OS 9.1 again Re: Probs with MOL, Mac OS 9.1, LinuxPPC 2KQ4 on Pismo

Subject: OS 9.1 again Re: Probs with MOL, Mac OS 9.1, LinuxPPC 2KQ4 on Pismo
From: John L Grantham (john@grantham.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 17:29:39 MST

Hi again,

OK, someone in another forum suggested that I try zapping PRAM and
booting directly into Linux via Open Firmware, since the new 9.1
Startup Disk control panel may have mucked things up...still the same
problem as below.

Oddly, now if I leave it set to blkdev: /dev/hda (rather than
/dev/hda9), it tries to boot from my partition containing yaboot
(/dev/hda11) -- but freezes on the Mac/penguin icon.

The thought occurred to me -- at one point I had Mac OS X PB on the
Pismo, and removed it manually. Could that be a problem?

Can someone help?

Thanks,

John