Re: (Revisiting) Using airport- doesn't anyone know?

Subject: Re: (Revisiting) Using airport- doesn't anyone know?
From: Quentin Mason (quentin-mason@cornell.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 08:22:02 MDT

> the airport, which did not. I still don't understand why the airport module
> comes up as eth1 instead of airport.

Ben changed it to be compatible with oronico cards (IIRC ?)

> Here is an interesting tidbit though. When ifconfig brings up both eth0 and
> eth1 and I ping a site- the ping travels from the eth0 interface in spite of
> the fact that I have set eth1 as the gateway device. I verified this by
> setting eth0 and eth1 to two seperate IP addresses and also unplugging the
> ethernet cable from the machine. If I call 'ifconfig eth0 down' and then
> ping, it uses the eth1 interface. Weird- but maybe its just how ping works?

what is your routing table ? route -n
I thought it was iwconfig for wireless ?
What scripts does ifconfig use for eth1 ?
ping what ? You have to specify a host.
Are you pinging the internet or the internal one ? I am betting that your
routing table is not what you think [though I do not really know how to
read them myself].

Sorry no wireless here ;(

Q.