Re: (Revisiting) Using airport- doesn't anyone know?

Subject: Re: (Revisiting) Using airport- doesn't anyone know?
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 11:20:42 MDT

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Quentin Mason wrote:

> Ben changed it to be compatible with oronico cards (IIRC ?)

The new AirPort driver actually uses part of the orinoco_cs driver's code.
It assigns a standard name (ethX).

> I thought it was iwconfig for wireless ?

iwconfig is specifically for configuring the wireless traits of a device
that supports the Wireless Extensions API. (The Orinoco/AirPort driver
code in the kernel does.) Other stuff is done via ifconfig, just like a
wired network connection.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN