LPR from Mac to linux?

Subject: LPR from Mac to linux?
From: Eduard Hoenkamp (hoenkamp@acm.org)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 13:28:32 MST

This is the only list with people versed in both linux and MacOS.
Hence my question to this list, although it is not on MOL per se.
What do I need to do on the linux side to get Mac's LPR print jobs in
my Linux queue? My linux box at work spools to another linux that has
the printer attached to it; that works fine.
At home I used Apple's 'desktop printing utility' to let my Mac spool
to my Linux box at work (correct IP, correct DPS file). As follows:

| Mac OS at home | | First Linux | | Second linux |
| spooling to LPR | ==> | (at work) | ==> | (has printer)|

When I print on the MacOS side, I get error -5750. I cannot find out
what that means. I would like to hear from someone who has printed
from the MacOS LPR queue to linux.
Yours, Eduard.